Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Outlook 2007 not saving new password

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _CherryBomb

_CherryBomb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I've just changed the password to my e-mail address thru the server website. I have changed it on MS Outlook by going to tools > account settings > selecting the e-mail account > and clicking change. However, the new password will not save. I have entered the new password correctly multiple times and made sure "remember password" is saved. I can still login thru the server website.

I am running MS Outlook 2007 on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance! :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Are you running MS Office, with Outlook as part of Office...or are you running the standalone version of Outlook?

Louis

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

You might want to try repairing Outlook: http://www.ehow.com/how_5869863_repair-microsoft-outlook-2007.html

Who is your email provider? If it's cloud-based, you may have to delete the existing account/profile and recreate it. The existing emails in your email account should sync back down to Outlook once you've done this.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

I should add that if the repair doesn't work, and you do decide to delete the account, you'll want to back up the .pst file just in case the emails don't sync back down: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070 and scroll down to "How to export .pst file data".

#5 floraanson

floraanson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

It creates a critical situation when someone lost password and without a password it is not possible to open a file or user account. In order to recover lost or forgot password you can use a third party tool which is more effective and powerful. To retrieve lost Outlook password you can use an effective tool office password recovery because it is capable to recover MS Outlook 2007 lost password.you can try it get a better result

#6 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

I disagree with running a repair; there is an easier way that has a high success rate. Going into mail properties via Control Panel (make sure Outlook is closed and the service isn't running); make a new Outlook profile with all the email settings and etc. Then test it. If successful, then you have two choices for the previous PST: import or just setup a pointer to open that one as well. Also a PST can be part of the problem; usually caused by a very large PST. No matter what version, I am a strong believer to do your best to keep your PST(s) no larger than 1GB each EVEN THOUGH MS says you can have them much larger on newer version. IMHO that is putting too many eggs in one basket for if that files goes so does everything in it.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users