Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe pdf print option

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I was running XP and one day I discovered a print option in most if not all print options that allowed me to print to a pdf file instead of  a printer.

I have recently changed to using Win7 and that option is not there.

I am running a home built, 4 HD, dual boot, XP Pro/Win7 Pro.

Can anyone guess at where I originally got the adobe pdf print option or how to get it on Win7?

My only guess would be that I have a copy of Acrobat 6.0 Pro and I have not installed that on win7.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

It does generally come from acrobat pro... There is some free software to do the same, personally I prefer adobe pro (any version 9 or newer).

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

The PDF printer is part of the Adobe product.  However, since you're on version 6 and the current version is XI (11) you may want to consider updating.  Depending on what you need from the product there is free software available, such as CutePDF, that creates PDFs.  However if you need to edit PDFs you may want to stick with Adobe.  Additionally Microsoft Office products allow you to save your documents as PDF using File\Save As.

#4 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Excellent thought Kilroy, I didn't think of that one because I was trying to capture a web page as a pdf and I was not using Internet Explorer, and I am not sure it that function is offered there as I rarely use IE. It was a receipt. Yes, I could have printed it then scanned it, it is usually just much easier to print to adobe.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Save as PDF is not part of Internet Explorer, but installing CutePDF would do what you were looking to accomplish. 

#6 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Check out also PDFill at PDFill.com.

It is also a FREE PDF Printer.

Cheers!

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#7 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

this option seems to exist in google chrome for online pages. i've used it once or twice on a windows 8 machine but i guess it works on anything where chrome is installed.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

I've been using PDFCreator for years for this purpose on Win7. Does what it says on the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users