Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jrnbr

jrnbr

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

does anyone have any problem with typing text? i start typing and it will stop in the middle of the word and i have to go back and start typing again. what gives? this is frustrating as i constantly have keep repeating my typing........any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hi,

OS, wired or wireless keyboard, make and model? What is on the screen when this happens? Document, game, form, email? The devil is in the details and we'll need more to be able to suggest something that might help

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

This sounds like a touchpad problem.  Is this happening on a laptop?  If so, I'd get myself a real mouse and disable the touchpad.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#4 jrnbr

jrnbr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

Hi,

OS, wired or wireless keyboard, make and model? What is on the screen when this happens? Document, game, form, email? The devil is in the details and we'll need more to be able to suggest something that might help

Keep us posted

i am on a dell laptop using windows 7. i have a wireless mouse and both the mouse and touchpad are enabled to be able to use either one. it is also an inspiron 5040 model. no matter what is on the screen whether e-mail or document or whatever, it happens. hope you can help...

#5 jrnbr

jrnbr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

ok guys, i am on a dell inspiron laptop model 5040. i am using windows 7, hope you can help. it happens when i am doing email or filling out a form or plain document. i have a wireless mouse and can also use the touchpad. either, or......

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

See if the problem persists when you disable the touchpad

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic