Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia caused Audio problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

So, I'm a little pissed off with this because I Don't see why Nvidia thinks they need to mess with my sound but I keep my rage to myself. My sound worked fine then I updated the driver on my Nvidia GTX 645 and it just sounds like crap,  I didn't understand wtf was going on until I googled it and others were complaining about the same thing...How do I fix this? And is there a way to disable them from touching my sound all together? Is there even a reason to let them do it? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sogin

Sogin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Everytime I remove the HD Audio from Nvidia it just reinstalls itself..Now I am getting really pissed off. >.>

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Re-install the drivers, but go for the clean install option (removes all nvidia products first), make sure you select the advanced install and deselect the audio driver before moving on.

The reason the driver is there is to support audio over HDMI, but as you can tell it is fubar and well worth avoiding.

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users