Jump to content
Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:16 PM
Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:13 PM
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with Rkill log.
Post it in your next reply.
NOTE. RKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.
Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:30 PM
I did everything in safe mode as I can't access anything in regular mode.
Here are the logs:
Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:23 AM
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is enabled) Out of date service pack!! << Link will lead to SP1 to update it.
First install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. It is required .....
Note : You have 2 Antivirus prograns installed, please remove 1 of them (directions below)
What is McAfee AntiVirus Plus ? (from McAfee)
How to >>> uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus.
Our powerful combination of performance, accuracy, and reinforcing protections keeps criminals away from your PC and data. From startup to on-access scans, get high performance to minimize scan times and extend battery life. Find and seal up holes in Windows and your favorite browsers and applications. Block threats like viruses, Trojans, and spyware in your files.
Or uninstall >> avast! Free Antivirus
** (I note that you already have Malwarebytes installed)
Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.2. and use Chameleom -
* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) -
A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan
** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
* Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply
If you can get out of Safe Mode, please run this, it will not run in Safe Mode
Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only post the link)
Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:37 PM
I installed the service pack for Windows 7 and removed McAfee, then ran Malawarebytes and nothing was detected. I've tried numerous times to log on without safe mode and my wallpaper now shows for a second then the screen turns black with the cursor again. Here is the log from malawarebytes:
Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:45 PM
What is the actual problem now.
Are you able to start normally ??
Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:54 PM
Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:06 AM
The Server service depends on the Security Accounts Manager service which failed to start because of the following error:
Your main error -
For the services, if you open the Start Menu and type Services into the Search programs and files, you will get a few options.
Right click on the option with gears as the icon and Run as administrator.
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service
Right click any services that are complaining that their dependencies are not running (the services I put in bold above mainly).
Go to the Dependencies tab, and in the first box, a list of services that service depends on will be given.
Write down the services that need to start for dependencies to be resolved.
Make sure these services are all set to start automatically by
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
•Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
• Click on the Scan button.(only once)
• AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
• When it's done you'll see: Pending: Uncheck any elements you don't want removed.
• Now click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
• Look over the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
• If there's a program you want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaner.
• If you're not sure, post the log for review.
• Now you're ready to clean it all up.....click the Clean button..(only once)
• Click OK - The computer will ask to confirm to Reboot Click OK
• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
• Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
• A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
• Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
• To restore an item that has been deleted (if necessary):
• Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:16 AM
I did everything and now when I log on the screen no longer turns black but when I try to access anything it just freezes, the cursor moves but nothing happens.
Here is the log from AdwCleaner:
Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:35 AM
AdwCleaner is OK to run Clean -
These are just a few of the problem programs -
Click on the Clean button (only once) to remove the selected items.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.
Click on OK, and then OK again to confirm the reboot.
When cleaning process is complete a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt ) of what was removed will be on your desktop.
Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.
After you have cleaned the files and posted the log. re-open it and hit Uninstall to remove the Quarantined items.
If tou ever need the program again, just upload the new current version.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users