Hi toffee, thanks for your help with this frustrating thing.
Having trouble creating theKaspersky rescue usb disc
it seems there are two downloads for the usb disc
can download kav rescue 10 iso as in 1. below.
but cannot download
- Download the utility to record the image to USB devices from the Kaspersky Lab server (~378 KB). the link just goes to google homepage.
- So when I press start it tells me that "please specify an iso file" and that's where I'm stuck.
- The video on you tube doesn't cover it.
1. Download the disk with Kaspersky WindowsUnlocker
Download kav_rescue_10.iso (~236 MB) from the Kaspersky Lab server.
2. Record the image to a CD/DVD or removable device
2.1 How to record the image to a CD/DVD
You can record the iso image to a CD/DVD using any record program (for example, Nero Burning ROM, ISO Recorder, DeepBurner, Roxio Creator etc.).
2.2 How to record the image to a removable USB device
In order to record the image to a removable USB device, perform the following actions:
- Connect your removable USB device to the computer.
In order to successfully record the image to a removable USB device, space capacity of it must be not less than 256 MB. The connected USBdevice must have FAT16 or FAT32 file system. If NTFS file system is installed on the device, you are required to format it in FAT16or FAT32. Do not use an USB device with other operating systems installed on it. It may cause incorrect booting your computer.
- Download the utility to record the image to USB devices from the Kaspersky Lab server (~378 KB).
- Run the downloaded file rescue2usb.exe.
- On the Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker window, click Browse... and select the is