Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

frozen-genpy-27

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hello everyone! It might be nothing and I might be making a big problem out of nothing, but it's always better safe than sorry, right? So I stumbled upon a folder in C:/Windows/Temp called frozen-genpy-27, and it looked really suspicious, although it was empty. I googled it multiple times but the search did not return anything, hence I am asking it here.

Since it was a Temp folder, I decided to delete it and look at what's going to happen. Shortly after my ESET Smart Security 4 turned off and I had to reboot the computer to get it to work again. The folder was gone and the anti virus was working fine, but the folder appeared again today. 

I had another question that I posted, which led me to the discovery of that folder. I am going to attach the link just in case, that question has more in depth information of what has been going on with my computer recently. Thank you in advance

Here's the link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536631/windows-directory-folders/

Edited by LeperMessiah, 05 June 2014 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Download TempFileCleaner by Old Timer to your desktop
 • Close any open windows.
• Double click the TFC icon to run the program
• TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
• Click the Start button to begin the process.

• Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
• The program should not take long to finish it's job
• Once it's finished press Exit and it could automatically reboot your machine,
• if it doesn't, please manually reboot to ensure a complete clean

You can run this weekly to clean out Temp Files that are not needed -

#3 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

So frozen-genpy-27 is not a virus, correct? I mean, the real question here is that after deleting that folder my anti-virus did something weird and told me that it practically turned off every kind of protection it had. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users