Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JRE only works in Safe Mode. Tried everything i could

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Picollo30

Picollo30

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

I have Windows 7 x64 installed . Everything seems to be working fine i think but i'm not really sure, except Java (JRE/JDK) is not working both in IE, Chrome or Firefox, either x64 or x86 versions. 

Thing is it's working in Safe Mode. Everything with Java in Safe Mode works, although in Normal mode it isnt even detected, applets wont start or give alerts to continue with the loading of the applet.

Also another thing that bothers me is that i have installed some time ago a Microsoft Windows Update, and that messed with my IE and Firefox browsers, they only work with software rendering instead of GPU rendering. if i disable this option IE and FF become useless and they only work without extensions. anyone knows the problem i'm talking about and if a fix is available. 

About the main problem Java not working i'm really clueless. Tried cleaning the registry with ccleaner, installing/uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller and Martau Total Uninstaller, i found the remains with the program Everything and removing them with Revo, ran Malwarebytes. nothing came up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Uh oh!  Registry cleaners are snake oil.  They aren't needed, they do no good, and they can cause problems that're difficult to diagnose and very difficult to fix.  I'd back up any data you don't want to lose, then restore to factory settings.

And by the way, Java has had a whole lot of problems reported with it.  I'd do without it if possible.

Edited by wpgwpg, 05 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Picollo30

Picollo30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

strange thing is i can only use java in safe which my gut feeling tell me its a virus, trojan, whatever. also ie 11 crashes randomly in normal mode. 

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

IE crashes randomly on a whole lot of people.  Firefox 29 has been rock stable for me though, and Chrome works well too, thank goodness.  I think I'd download the free version of Malwarebytes, get it up to date, then let it and my antivirus do a full system scan in Safe Mode.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

#6 Picollo30

Picollo30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Noknojon here's the result of the checkup.txt

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.83  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update. 
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 SpywareBlaster 5.0    
 Spybot - Search & Destroy 
 Secunia PSI (3.0.0.0004)   
 HostsMan 3.2.73    
 B.I.S.S. Hosts Manager   
 Trojan Remover 6.8.3   
 Duplicate Cleaner 2.1b   
 RegVac Registry Cleaner 5.02 (Registered Version) 
 TweakNow RegCleaner 2011   
 Auslogics Registry Cleaner   
 Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.214  
 Adobe Reader XI  
 Mozilla Firefox (29.0.1) 
 Mozilla Thunderbird 10.0.2 Thunderbird out of Date!  
 Google Chrome 35.0.1916.114  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe 
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 9% 
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Remove these programs from Programs and Features -

Duplicate Cleaner 2.1b  
 RegVac Registry Cleaner 5.02 (Registered Version) << Sucked in if you paid for this infection .......
 TweakNow RegCleaner 2011  
 Auslogics Registry Cleaner  

Try - What is the offline method for downloading and installing Java for a Windows computer

This tells you how to install Java Off-line (Version7 Update60 is current)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users