Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get Dfrgfat32.exe Off Nt2000 Pro?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IainR

IainR

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:56 AM

:thumbsup: I'm running a laptop on NT2000 Pro and it doesn't go past the log in stage. I think I've identified the problem as codbot-ab as there is a file called dfrgfat32 running at startup and using shedloads of memory. I've downloaded the recommended fix (Autostart) to another machine and then to a usb pendrive, but can't navigate to it. When starting in safe mode the dfrgfat is still running.

Any ideas will be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Hello IainR and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
There is a tutorial here, that should help with your removal of this file, which is a worm.
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 IainR

IainR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

Thanks Charles. Unfortunately this is where I picked up on the Autorun fix. The problem comes at step 2. I start up in safe mode but still get a frozen screen after log in and Task Manager is still showing dfrgfat32 active.

Hence I can't navigate to the autorun file and zap the worm....

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:16 AM

Sorry, I didn't realise you meant Autorun..
Have you tried ending the dfrgfat32 using Task Manager, then carrying on with the tutorial?
If this is still unsuccessful, try following this instead.
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users