Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Site log on issue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Started yesterday when I went to log on here with my Toshi laptop everything seemed to work as usual, type the first letter of my password click and everything filled in as usual.  Now thye issue I get a small aplet saying "No sign in name entered" with an OK radio button.  All three of my other toys log on just fine, I can however log onto all my other passworded site with no problem.  Any ideas appreciated.

Phil :scratchhead:

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

sounds like a browser issue.

maybe do a reset... (it can be done non-destructively on most browsers these days)

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

sounds like a browser issue.

maybe do a reset... (it can be done non-destructively on most browsers these days)

That was my first thought, but since all other sites logged in just fine I ruled that out.  Now for a clincher all of a sudden just now the site picked me up, the applet disappeared and I was automatically logged on.  I am typing on the LT now!  This is going to bug me as to why it happened and only here on BC.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

hmmm, bugging me too mate,

If you figure it out please post back.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Now I am getting a bit whacked out over this, just came down to check my mail and to check the site again.  The gremlin returned!  I repeated all my prior steps, MBAM, SAS, MSI and CC all clear.  Still only affects this site, bit the bullet and backed up book marks and did a full wipe of FF.  OK all back the way it was, retried still get "No sign in name entered" even though the password appears to work as usual.  Thinking I figured I would try IE not having done so, you guessed it same applet both browsers same exact issue!

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

I just spent the last 45 min logging onto to every site I have, still the only one that does not work is BC.  A little more info, when I click on sign in nothing happens.  In order to get the log in pane I have to right click the sign in and open it in a new tab, then I type  the first letter as usaul my user name fills the box as does my bleeped out password.  I click Sign in and get the dumb applet No sign in name entered!  I am sitting here with two LT's fired up, both of my Acer LT's and my tower work fine with the sign in it is the Toshi that is ill.  This is a strange one!!!

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Did you try dumping your cache...and deleting your BC cookies?

The fact that your other systems have no problem...would point me in that direction.

Louis

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hi Louis same issue two separate browsers, IE has not used in a very long time I do not use it and had turned it off in programs and features.  I reactivated IE only for the test.  It seems it would have to be something common to both browsers, any ideas appreciated.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'd take a look at the errors in Event Viewer.

Louis

#10 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

You got mne thinking as to what was common to both browsers, I gave flushing the DNS a shot and it worked so far.  But being as all other sites allowed me to log on with no issues it still has me thinking, have to see if all stays well I have logged on and off several times now.

Phil

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Not sure what flushing the DNS did, but I'd keep an eye on it for a day or two :).

Louis

#12 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Definitely a couple of oddities, why just one site BC on two different browsers plus why in the world the DNS flush did anything.  Neither makes much if any sense.  I hope someone comes up with a plausible explanation.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users