Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failing to start after overheating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryaninator

Ryaninator

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

I have a dell laptop and I was playing video games and it overheated and shut down. Now it says that windows failed to start every time when I start it. May I have some help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Please post the make and model. I would recommend dusting out the computer to prevent another over heat. Heat is a computers enemy. Have you tried booting to safe mode?

Generally you can get to safe mode by tapping F8 many times after powering on the machine, this will bring up the boot menu options. Use your arrow keys to highlight safe mode with networking. From there you can try a restore point etc.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Ryaninator

Ryaninator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

We think a vital part is scorched and I can boot to BIOS but not safe mode we took in to Geek Squad.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

It could be, if it doesn't boot to windows but the bios works, I might suspect a problem with the hard drive. It could be software related as well. Best of luck!

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users