Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's using all the ipad storage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zone out

Zone out

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

The storage on my ipad is full. The list of apps comes to less than a gig, under mail videos and photos it just says "no data". There are no videos, a few photos, less than a gig and some mail not a lot. So the problem is where is all the storage gone and why is it not on the list, and the final question is how do I clear it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

The storage on my ipad is full. The list of apps comes to less than a gig, under mail videos and photos it just says "no data". There are no videos, a few photos, less than a gig and some mail not a lot. So the problem is where is all the storage gone and why is it not on the list, and the final question is how do I clear it?

It might help to know which iPad model you are using and which version of iOS is installed on the iPad.

Where are you getting the information about amount of storage for each thing? Under Settings > General > Usage? Or Settings > General > About? Or somewhere else?

#3 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

It's an ipad 2, 16 gig, version 7.0.4. Settings>General>Usage - This says 0 bytes available, 13.6 GB used, then lists apps (total of about 1 GB). Under sounds music and videos "no data". But there are a few photos, less than a gig, no videos and a little mail. No content in music.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

It's an ipad 2, 16 gig, version 7.0.4.Settings>General>Usage - This says 0 bytes available, 13.6 GB used, then lists apps (total of about 1 GB). Under sounds music and videos "no data". But there are a few photos, less than a gig, no videos and a little mail. No content in music.

Have you rebooted it (i.e. hold down power button until you get "slide to power off" thing and then powered it off for a few minutes and then powered it back on)?

#5 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yes the ipad is often rebooted as you describe and it has made no difference. I'm thinking of reseting it.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Resetting would be my next suggestion.

#7 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

OK, thanks, I'll try resetting.

#8 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

The reset solved the problem. With luck it wont come back. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users