Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 unable to reset or shut down, many apps hang sporadically

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kreker

Kreker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

I already posted this in W7 forum but I think there is something on my computer, therefore I'm reporting here to let the task force deal with my situation :)

Where do I start. W7 x64, i5 2500, 16GB ram...

My PC usually stays on 24-7. Few days ago I decided to shut it down and noticed that it stopped on the final blue screen on shutdown, the nice one with wallpaper, the loading cursor kept spinning...for 20 minutes. So I pushed the button forced the shutdown and thought nothing of it.

Few days later I needed to restart the machine and after going to start menu for restart, it began the "restard sequence" but stopped at the blue wallpaper screen and the cursor just kept spinning...

Today I noticed that if I'm in normal mode I can not install any software, it just get stuck halfway installation, I tried chkdsk in safe mode and the check disk in Tweaking Windows Repair that starts before the W7 loads, no error. Crystalinfo showed that the disk health is OK on both of my partitions. I ran an elevated cmd sfc scannow: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Strange thing happens when I browse in Chrome...if I drag an image to desktop, I need to refresh the desktop before I actually see the jpg file on desktop. If I empty the recycle bin, I need to refresh to see the empty icon.

I don't know where to look. Malwarebytes scan showed no infections. MSE quick scan also reports clean. I tried rkill once and it terminated 1 process: nlssrv32.exe (PID: 2032) [WD-HEUR] if that means anything. 

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

I replied in your original topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Your original topic was posted in Window 7 and was moved to Am I Infected. That topic is here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536682/cant-install-apps-chrome-hangs-on-flash-system-wont-restartshtdwn/

Broni will be helping you in your other topic.

Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. This will cause confusion for you and those trying to help you. It will also hinder the help process.

This topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 June 2014 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users