Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

s5213 Hp Slimline Pavillion Start's Up Then Shuts Off In Seconds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JessieL1983

JessieL1983

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have an Hp s5213w slimline desktop computer it originally came with windows 7 but I recently had put Windows 8.1 on it.It was running fine but then I shut it down one night,Then the next day I went to power it up to boot as usual.When I turned it on it would get to Windows 8.1 boot then shut down.After this I checked the power plug to make sure the power cord was not loose it was fine.I have been trying to keep turning it on but no luck sometimes it will get to the hp boot screen sometimes not so lucky,After attempting that it wouldn't even show the hp bootscreen anyone have a suggestion why this does this ? I hate to throw money into a computer for parts that I do not need I was told maybe it was the power supply or the hard drive.Can Anyone help ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Since you recently installed Windows 8.1 I'm guessing that you have the installation disc?

If you do, see if you can boot from the disc.

Another way to accomplish the same thing would be to boot into the BIOS.

If you can do either of these without the computer shutting down this could be a software problem.  If it still shuts down it's time to start looking at hardware.

The PSU would be one of the possibilities.  There is a way to test this, but it would mean having to open the case so that you can access the 24 pin PSU connector on the motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users