Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Windows explorer (.exe) Taking Up Memory and CPU

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ratheyan

Ratheyan

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hello, this has been occurring for a couple weeks where the windows explorer (in background processes) is overworking the CPU and memory. There are 4 instances of the process where one works up the CPU and the other works up the memory. I've tried ending those 2 specific processes but they just keep reappearing.

Also, just so that anyone knows, I had recently asked another question and done multiple scans using ESET and malwarebytes and other scanners. I am willing to do them again but just mentioning. 

Here is a link to the taskbar : http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/ratheyan/Bleeding%20computer/mem_zps36e4b136.jpg

As for additional information, I do have utorrent and have downloaded games and movies (I did read that utorrent has caused something like this before, where multiple explorer.exe pops up...although they dont mention any large memory usage). 

It is urgent because now I cannot even turn my laptop on without the hard drive starting to go berserk soon after and causing overheating.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 05 June 2014 - 05:14 PM.
Moved to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi,

From what I read it sounds like you have gotten another infection. It also sounds like it will take more than the usual tools to get it identified and removed.

I'll flag this for a moderator to move it so you can get the help you need.

Stay well and surf safe

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users