Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PW removal/craker for zip/pdf

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wonder-Woman

Wonder-Woman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hello,

I am new here so if this isn't the correct forum to ask this please tell me.........

I have a file I downloaded from a free ebook site and to put it plainly it's from a crappy ebook site.  The file is a zip file containing another zip file which eventually has a .pdf file in it but the way this was done the idiot/moron put one of those "to get the PW jump through several offers hoops" on it.  I really want to see if it does contain the book I've been struggling to try to get.  I have found tons of "try ware" PW crackers/removers but they all only go to the first 3 characters of the PW and then require you buy the stupid software.  I don't want to buy anything I just want to crack the PW that the idiot put in place with the nonsensical routine of complete "x" amount of offers that never work or are looking to collect your info.  Can anyone recommend a totally free PW remover/cracker?

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman :radioactive:  :unsure:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Can anyone recommend a totally free PW remover/cracker?

Forget it, There are some tools that may be able to do that but it could take a long time, Days, Weeks or even Months.

And downloading ebooks from "a crappy ebook site." poses security risks, You dont know whats in that zip do you? And No your antivirus may not pick it up.

I have found tons of "try ware" PW crackers/removers

In my opinion avoid that sort of tool. They could contain trojans and who knows what.

Edited by NickAu1, 04 June 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

And last but not least, as your computer's security should come first.

From the Forum Rules

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Who ever is hosting this file has those extra step for a reason. We may not agree with those reasons, we may not even like them. But we cannot support bypassing them or circumventing them.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

I have found tons of "try ware" PW crackers/removers but they all only go to the first 3 characters of the PW and then require you buy the stupid software.

They are not finding any characters of the PW, That is just a scam to get you to buy the stuff.  I have a rough idea of how crackers work.(  :whistle:  ). 

Your money would be better spent on buying the book.

Edited by NickAu1, 04 June 2014 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users