Please follow these instructions. They may seem long, but this post will include extensive instructions for those who may not understand how to host an image as well as how to insert an image in a signature.
The forums here on BC require images to be hosted before you can insert the image. In order to insert the image within a post, you must first save the image onto your computer and then 'host' the image on a separate image-hosting site.
Not all forums on BC accept attachments because of bandwidth limitations and security reasons.
All forums on BC DO allow you to insert an image (or images) after you have hosted the image.
Hosting an image:
1. Save the image you want to use onto your hard drive using one of the following methods:
Place your screenshot in Paint or other photo-editing software and save to your hard drive.
Right click on an image online and Save as
Rename the image
Click on Save. The image will now be saved on your hard drive
2. To host the image and get a link to your image, you will need to use one of many image hosting sites. Some recommended sites which are also free include Imgur, PostImage and TinyPic. Some sites may require registration. Next, please do the following:
Open the image hosting site of your choice in a browser (or click on one of the links listed above)
If an account is required, Sign up or Log in
Once you are ready to upload an image, find the Upload section and click on the Browse button
Find the image you saved on your computer and click Upload or Submit
The image will transfer to the host site, and it will display several options that include different links
Click on the Direct Link and Copy the link to your clipboard
Use the Direct link to Paste the link into your post (see Insert an Image next)
Insert an image into a post on BleepingComputer:
1. When you want to insert an image in a post on BC, use the Image button in the tools Editor:
2. Click on the Image button as shown above
3. A separate window will open that says Image Properties, and you will see a blank URL box
4. Paste the Direct link that you copied from the image hosting site into the URL box
5. Click OK
6. You should now see the image in your post. Click on Save Changes once you are satisfied with the content of your post
How to insert an image into your signature (see Signature Rules below) on BleepingComputer:
You may also display a small (size width 500 pixel by height 90 pixel) image in the signature of your profile on BC. First you need to Host the image as directed above. Note: When hosting an image, you can choose to resize the image on the image hosting site in order to make it smaller. Next, proceed with the following steps:
1. Copy the IMG link
2. Go to My Profile
3. Click on My Profile and Edit Profile Settings
4. Click on Signature. A window will open to Edit Signature
Please note, your signature may contain:
• One image.
• Images in signatures must be no larger than 500 pixels wide x 90 pixels high.
• Any links in signatures cannot be commercial in nature or they will be removed by BleepingComputer. You may not put links in your signature soliciting donations unless you are in certain member groups. Those member groups that are allowed will be expressly notified. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you cannot sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature and will be removed.
• Signatures are limited to 5 lines or 2000 characters; whichever comes first.
Use the Editor tools and the Image button (as instructed in step 3 above) to paste the Direct Link that you copied from the image hosting site into your signature field.
Click Save Changes
Please let me know how it works or if you have any questions at all. After doing it once or twice, you'll get the hang of it very quickly