Yes, a recently installed add-on could be the problem. If the disabling of add-ons doesn't seem to help then
do a couple of scans for adware and malware.
Scan your computer using this: AdwCleaner Download
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with Ok.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
- Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scanner from ESET
- Click the button in the link above.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
- NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Use CCleaner to cleanup the temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. Use the default settings. Pay attention while
installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars such as Yahoo. No need to use the Registry Cleaner tool and it has
the potential of causing another problem. CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”― Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”