Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access Google Chrome and other programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thatruth

thatruth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hello....A few days ago my computer was hit with a virus because now I can't use google chrome at all. I can use IE and Firefox but whenever I try and use google chrome I get a message in the address that says "signon" but I can use it. I also have issues with certain programs that crash whenever I try to use them. I tried to use Malwarebytes but my computer won't allow me to download the program. Can someone tell me what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

have you tried going into safemode with networking to download Malwarebytes?

#3 thatruth

thatruth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Yes I tried that but my PC still won't access any site that has the word "malwarebytes" in the title of the page. I tried another laptop and it's fine.

#4 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

if you have a USB drive, try downloading it on one computer then transfer it over

#5 thatruth

thatruth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

OK....I just did that and it is scanning now. Hopefully this will find whatever it is that is blocking google chrome from accessing the internet. I have tried firewall settings and that didn't work either. I think the malware has altered my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users