Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Freezes during updates.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesy1208

Jonesy1208

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Anytime my computer attempts to update ANY software or program it completely freezes.  It seems to be freezing primarily during scheduled window tasks.  However; it froze on me yesterday during an attempt to upload a video.  I have no problems when gaming. After I restored my computer to a backup point and attempted to update my graphics card driver (AMD Raedon 7700) it froze again.  

If I manually update programs (Avast!, windows, drivers etc.) I do not have this problem. But it freezes if I attempt to defrag. 

Here is what I have tried: 

Remote access from my Anti-Virus provider to clean up garbage. 

antivirus boot time scan

Combo Fix

Restore to an early time

Cleaning out the computer tower

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Have you done a scan for malware?

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Jonesy1208

Jonesy1208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Yes.  The when the antivirus company remotely accessed my computer they did. 

*Just attempted to run TDSSKiller and it says: "Windows can not access the specified, device, path or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."  - Even if i try it as an admin- 

*Attempted Windows All in One Repair and I am getting the same error message as TDSSKILLER.  

* I was able to run Malware Bytes Anti-Rootkit and Defraggler.  will update once both processes are finished. 

* Malware Bytes found no malwarre - Defraggler still working and then I will reboot to do a Boot Defrag. 

**ANY Suggestions are welcome**

Edited by Jonesy1208, 04 June 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Who is your AV provider...and what were the results of this scan performed by an authorized rep?

Louis

#5 Jonesy1208

Jonesy1208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

I use Avast! and just downloaded and ran HitMan Pro. 

Avast Remote access removed over 14k garbage files and a few suspected malware programs.  

Defraggler said my system was almost 30% fragmented and is currently running without any problems1

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Moved to Am I Infected forum for a look :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users