Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected to internet but can not navigate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

As I can see my LAN is connected and firewalled protected however I can no navigate cos a message  is shown that there is no connection to internet, the pc in the lower rigth side is shown. I dont don know wxactly where can be the problem. By the way, file-tools-internet option-  tab connection nothing iss shown in the white window, is normal?  I will apprecitte you help.

rgds

mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Wired or wireless?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

A little more information would be useful - computer make and model, router, modem.

Since you say you can see that your LAN is connected, does this mean you are using an ethernet cable to connect to your router / modem ?

But it is entirely possible for the connection to your router / modem to be rock solid and not connect to the internet. This depends on the connection from your router / modem to the phone system, and this is what you have to start checking next.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Your router may be bad. What you are seeing is that you are connected to your network... but the network isn't connected to the internet. Try resetting the router,,, remove the power plug for 15-20 seconds and re-connect it. Your modem may also need the power reset.

In addition, you can also try connecting your PC directly to the modem, thus bypassing the router. If this works, then the router is bad/has issues.

Edited by ElfBane, 10 June 2014 - 03:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users