Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Digital Pass a Windows 8 App?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emankcin

Emankcin

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

I was trying to load up a ebook file I downloaded, and I noticed that it was recently associated with a program called Digital Pass, which appears to be some kind of player, although I cannot figure out for what. I've never seen it before. I don't know where it came from, or where the program resides. It is on my pinned content in a 2 block tile. Has my computer gotten some malware? Or is this a native program that I simply didn't notice before? If the latter, what exactly is it supposed to do?

Of a seperate matter, I think my computer may have gotten some malware, but not sure. I had one program in the startup called Slick Savings Helper and Search Settings, by Spigot Inc, but I was able to disable those. Might there be others? Or does my computer slow down for other reasons?

Edited by hamluis, 03 June 2014 - 12:42 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EwenB

EwenB

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

Didial Pass and Spigot are programmes installed by something you have installed ans this usually happens when you press "Continue" or "OK" without checking the install screen.  Yhen you do an install you should check the screen and untick any boxes that suggest a programme other that the one you are installing.  This has become common practice now and there are a lot of backdoor installations that you are unaware of.  "Revo Uninstaller" have a free version obtainable here: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw&gfe_rd=cr&ei=CMyHU5gFy8LyB-7jgYgI#hl=en&q=revo+uninstaller+free

This programme will revove unwanted installations.  IOBIT have a similar programme and neither will install unwanted installs.

You might also look up "Should I remove It" which is a programme that will tell you what the installed programmes on your system do and it will give you the opportuity to uninstall.  It is available here: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/download.aspx

Edited by EwenB, 04 June 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#3 Emankcin

Emankcin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

What exactly is digital pass supposed to do? If you need, I can try to get a screenshot of the icon. I haven't installed anything recently; at least not during the time when the Digital pass came up. I can only locate the program on my start screen, but I cannot find it in the program files... possibly because it may be in a folder by the manufacturer. That's why I had thought that it was a windows native program.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

These are Australian listings<<< It seems to be a login to a program. NRL (National Rugby League)
FAQs. **The NRL Digital Pass will not be available for the D Smith Auckland Nines, held between Saturday February 15 and Sunday February 16, 2014.

LifeWay's Digital Pass a link to a Church App.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users