Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 shuts down at startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SandieC

SandieC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

This problem started yesterday, and than did it again today.

It starts up, than shuts off. It will eventually go on, after a few trys but I would like to avoid any problem that may be causing this. I am NOT very good at technical issues, I can however follow directions if someone tells me how to do something. The only thing I have done, and I don't think it would cause this issue, is download a new plugin for my Photoshop.  If anyone has any ideas on what this could be, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance~~  Sandie :smash:

Posted Image
SANDIE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hi SandieC and :welcome: to BC Community :)

Can you start the computer in safemode if the problem persist? On early splashscreen, tap F8 repeateadly until you are directed to Advanced Menu. Choose Safemode and then check the difference. If however you believe the problem started from a software or update, try using system restore to a date where it works flawlessly. You can use safemode to perform system restore function in Windows.

Edited by jhayz, 03 June 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Tekken

#3 SandieC

SandieC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Thanks. I did do a system restore, and it started ok, but I will see what happens tomorrow when I turn it on after being off all night. I was thinking of just leaving it on the log in screen all night instead of totally shutting it down, but the problem (if its still there) won't be solved. Again thanks for your reply.  Sandie

Posted Image
SANDIE

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Ok, thanks for the update SandieC. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic