Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewing A Web Page...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bsktsofjoy

bsktsofjoy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:53 AM

viewing a web page... is there a way to make the text on a web page appear larger or have the entire web page appear larger, I have adjusted everything else to make it easier to read, however, text on web pages seem so tiny!!! Please assist me, thank you! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:41 AM

What browser do you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:52 AM

If you are using Internet Explorer, click on the word "View" at the top left of your screen. Select "Text Size" and choose a larger text size.

If the adjustment available isn't sufficient there are other adjustments through "Display" in the control panel.

If you are using Firefox, click "View, again top left of your screen.
Choose "Text Size".
Click on the + Increase button

Additionally:
If you have a scroll mouse and are using Firefox, pressing Ctrl while scrolling will increase or decrease text size as well as the size the page is displayed on screen.

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

If you are using Firefox, Netscape or any Mozilla-derived browser hold the control key down and press the + sign. Also, Ctrl-minus will make the font smaller.

#5 bsktsofjoy

bsktsofjoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

I am using internet explorer... I have tried the view at the top left to make it larger, dosent seem to be any differet... its only the web pages Iam actually viewing, I have been able to get everything else larger for viewing. I seriously dont remember it being this small on my last computer. :thumbsup:

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

Open Internet Explorer
Go to:

View > Text Size > Largest

or if that doesn't work, have you tried to change the resolution size of your monitor? I ask because it sounds like you might have a new computer. Try this:

right click on any open space on your desktop > Properties > Settings

There is a slide control for resolution. Set it to the lowest numbers, as this will make the images on your screen the largest.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users