Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Archeage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

I wanted to start a discussion about the game, who's excited for it? I know I am. I do keep my expectations at a reasonable level, however this game looks one of a kind.

I'm looking forward to training some secondary skill and amassing a fortune. Does anyone know if you can build and sell ships on this game?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

I know you do obtain ships .. I will have to ask my friend who is already in the alpha. As for me I am signed up for the beta.

Here are the minimum requirements for the game which I honestly thought was going to be higher:

Minimum System Specifications  

• Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or higher
  • Hard Disk: 30 GB (NTFS-formatted disk)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics card: Geforce 8000 series or higher, Radeon HD 4000 series or higher, with at least 512MB video memory
  • Operating system: 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Win7 SP1

Edited by kabo0m the spam, 03 June 2014 - 08:10 AM.

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2
Video Card: Intel® GMA 950 (256Mb)     OS:   Windows 7 Starter 32-bit SP1

#3 KJackson50

KJackson50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for posting the min requirements! I'm not sure if my machines graphics card is up to snuff, I'll post a Speccy here later. That'll be great if you can find that out for me!

When exactly does the Beta start, and when does the full game come out?

Edited by KJackson50, 03 June 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#4 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for posting the min requirements! I'm not sure if my machines graphics card is up to snuff, I'll post a Speccy here later. That'll be great if you can find that out for me!

When exactly does the Beta start, and when does the full game come out?

Game specifics can be read about here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?3493-Guide-amp-FAQ-Pre-Beta-Can-you-run-AA

As for when the Beta will start and the full game will be released, that is best asked there as I don't know since I am just a typical gamer and do not work for them..

Checking for if my computer could run it I ran across this website which might interest you:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=10752

I don't think that is for Windows however .. It is for Linux.. So I am still searching for other sites that will analyze and tell easily if a certain game can run with the current specs.  Currently http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri does NOT have ArcheAge in their list.

Edited by kabo0m the spam, 09 June 2014 - 12:47 PM.

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Definitely looks interesting. Curious as to the PVP..is it full loot etc.

#6 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Definitely looks interesting. Curious as to the PVP..is it full loot etc.

Didn't really find much on the PVP aspect of it yet but am curious as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/21bj8y/is_archeage_pvp_bad/

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/World_PvP

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Funny was just reading up on their site last night. Kinda ridiculous preorder/alpha prices.

#8 Bilko101

Bilko101

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Count me in as waiting for this. Got tired of WoW after 10 years.

#9 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

My gaming group was playing this but then our gaming leader got fed up with the PvP aspect of it (which at first he was looking forward to all of it including that) because it seems that if you get attacked they are all on you and your friends can only stand by and watch til it is their time to get their butts handed to them. So now he doesn't play and I lost interest as I don't have the money to invest in it anyway. The graphics were nice though..

Instead am back to play GuildWars 2.

Edited by kabo0m the spam, 07 November 2014 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users