Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes vanishes of my system

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RedRay

RedRay

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

So yea I just noticed this now but Malwarebytes just vanished from my pc.  I don't know how long this is but when I looked at the windows bar, I cant seem to find the icon.  Also it doesn't give me the option to scan items with malwarebytes when right clicked.  My anti-virus is still here and didn't pick anything up.  No suspicious activity has happened on my pc except for that.  Also no suspicious programs have been ran/downloaded recently.  None of the mbam processes were found in task manager.  Any help or suggestion would be appreciated!

Edit: Only thing I installed recently was WhatPulse.

Edited by RedRay, 03 June 2014 - 02:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

Remove MBAM and do a fresh install.

Remove Old Versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
• Please download mbam-clean.exe from here to your desktop and save it.
• Please close all open applications and Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus to avoid any conflicts when running the tool.
* Note : It will reboot your computer to complete the removal process (Very Important)

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now

In Settings....Advanced Settings be sure to tick "Enable Self protection Module"

Run a Scan.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Let me add this install as it carries MBAM's Chameleon

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Chameleon

----------
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
  • Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
  • If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
  • Click Scan Now >>
----------
  • Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
  • Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
  • Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com

----------
  • When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
  • Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
  • Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
  • Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

FYI: To add "Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" to the right-click context menu, do this.
  • Launch Malwarebytes.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top.
  • Under General Settings...select Yes next to "Explorer context menu entry:"
  • Close Malwarebytes.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 RedRay

RedRay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Ill just reinstall it off the bat.  All i want to know is how can it just go off my computer.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

I know you said you checked Task Manager and found no related processes running but did you check the actual installation folder where Malwarebytes resides? If the folder and files are present, then it's possible the service just stopped running.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users