Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Data D Drive Full

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markmacintyre558

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Dear Forum Members,

I understand issues of the Data D: Drive have been discussed previously, but the following seems fairly unique.

My Data D: drive is full, used space 393GB, free space 7.31MB. I do not intentionally save any documents on it.

My C: drive has used space 146GB, 133GB free.

How is my Data D: drive so full, when my C: drive is not, and what can I do to free up space?

Kind regards,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

There are some disk utilities you can use to resize the partitions on your drive to give more space to other partitions you want to expand. You can try Partition Wizard Minitool or Easeus Partition Master.

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#3 wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'd start the Windows Explorer and look to see what's on the D: drive.  393 GB is a whole lot of data, so I have to believe you'd find some large files & folders there that can be deleted.  If you need a better tool for examining the drive, you could download Treesize from www.jam-software.com/treesize_free.  It's a free program.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#4 Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

you can download the free program "WinDirStat", which scans your drive and shows you all the files in the drive, sorted by size.

oops, wpgwpg already posted a related program, but i prefer windirstat since its newbie friendly and free!

Edited by Kirbyofdeath, 02 June 2014 - 09:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users