Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Barnslig

Barnslig

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hello.

I bought a computer from a computer builder, and now I have some problems. I can't get it to start. When I turn it on it goes directly to a black page where I get the options "Launch Startup Repair" or "Start Windows Normally". Both actions lead to the same Bluescreen, however if I choose the startup repair it gets stuck on the bluescreen, if I choose normal startup I get a quick (less than a second) image of the bluescreen before it reboots itself. 

This is the error I get:

10405267_10152200633766275_5396340343582

I've tried resetting BIOS by taking out the battery, tried removing all the memory units, also tried booting it without the graphics card. The computer does not have a CD-reader or I could've tried booting from CD, and I dont have Windows 7 on a memory stick either.

I tried downloading Windows 7 from Pirate Bay, but I am not very tech savvy, although I can work my way around a computer I am not fully educated in this. So if someone can look past the obvious "its not legal so you shouldn't do it" and help me boot from a USB or something I'd be very grateful. 

Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? The computer wont even start in Safe Mode. I tried and it loaded all the neccesary files, then started to load and went straight to bluescreen, again. 

Graphics Card: MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr ll
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Powersupply: CFT-650-14CS
Harddrive: Samsung SP2504C
Memory Units: 4x Corsair 2GB DDR3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

this is what I googled quickly I hope this helps

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293

#3 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I also found this link to put win 7 on a usb stick

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_install_windows_7_beta_a_usb_key

#4 Barnslig

Barnslig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hey and thanks for quick reply. That first link seem to be for Windows XP, and I already tried starting in Safe Mode, I get as far as loading all the files needed to boot in Safe Mode, and just as it's about to start it just goes to BSOD and reboots again, I can't get into Windows at all.

I will try that from the second link tomorrow, problem though is that I don't have any OEM Windows 7, does this work with a cracked version downloaded from ThePirateBay also?

#5 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Honestly I don't know I have never tried with a cracked version. As long as you have a legit product key to activate windows you can actually download different versions of win 7 from miscrosft's website. 

#6 Barnslig

Barnslig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Alright, I will try that later. Thanks! 

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

... problem though is that I don't have any OEM Windows 7, does this work with a cracked version downloaded from ThePirateBay also?

Excerpt from the BC Forum Rules:   "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."