Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solution, Please?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BEEGEETEE

BEEGEETEE

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531591/missing-events-in-event-log-details-computer-response-has-slowed/ - Hamluis.

Bro I am having the same problem finding a relevant solution to this problem........

after a test result said:

>>Investigate why 44% (18,044) events were lost during collection. The setting for event Tracing for Windows (ETW) maximum buffers and buffers sizes may not be optimal depending on which data sets are being collected.

:::::::::>>    I want to how to increase buffers sizes or the number of buffers  <<:::::::::

I don't want some silly link to visual basic development solutions, 

my problem is a windows based problem not a development environment problem....

My computer has recently become unstable and behaving unpredictably regarding response and lagging when common task

I have an Intel i7, 8gb ram, 2tb hhd

the lagging is not a HHD problem because I've thoroughly scanned it for problems 

Its either ETW related, a windows service problem, or possibly a C++ Runtime conflict with other programs

I got a performance report, which reported an Error ( below )   and the above ETW Warning ( above )

>>

A service is reported as having an unexpected error code:  one or more services has failed. The service did not stop gracefully, suggesting this service may have crashed or one or more of its components stopped in an unsupported way.

<<

I would like to solve this problem, but I wish to firstly increase the buffer size for ETW

PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE RELEVANT ANSWER......

Best Regards..

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2014 - 11:46 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BEEGEETEE

BEEGEETEE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

I got a problem

after a test result said:

>>Investigate why 44% (18,044) events were lost during collection. The setting for event Tracing for Windows (ETW) maximum buffers and buffers sizes may not be optimal depending on which data sets are being collected.

:::::::::>>    I want to how to increase buffers sizes or the number of buffers  <<:::::::::

I don't want some silly link to visual basic development solutions, 

my problem is a windows based problem not a development environment problem....

My computer has recently become unstable and behaving unpredictably regarding response and lagging when common task

I have an Intel i7, 8gb ram, 2tb hhd

the lagging is not a HHD problem because I've thoroughly scanned it for problems 

Its either ETW related, a windows service problem, or possibly a C++ Runtime conflict with other programs

I got a performance report, which reported an Error ( below )   and the above ETW Warning ( above )

>>

A service is reported as having an unexpected error code:  one or more services has failed. The service did not stop gracefully, suggesting this service may have crashed or one or more of its components stopped in an unsupported way.

<<

I would like to solve this problem, but I wish to firstly increase the buffer size for ETW

PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE RELEVANT ANSWER......

Best Regards..

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

A Google search found this in tomshardware.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/214880-46-missing-events-application

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

I replied to this in your other apparently duplicate post here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536354/how-do-i-increase-buffer-size-for-windows-event-tracing/

Mod Edit:  Merged topics here - Hamluis.

Good luck.

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

From About Event Tracing 

Missing Events

• The total event size is greater than 64K. This includes the ETW header plus the data or payload. A user has no control over these missing events since the event size is configured by the application.

• The ETW buffer size is smaller than the total event size. A user has no control over these missing events since the event size is configured by the application logging the events.

• For real-time logging, the real-time consumer is not consuming events fast enough or is not present altogether and then the backing file is filling up. This can result if the Event Log service is stopped and started when events are being logged. A user has no control over these missing events.

• When logging to a file, the disk is too slow to keep up with the logging rate.

Try increasing the log file sizes. Right click Computer > Manage

Right click on the Event Log you are looking for. In the right pane right click properties and under the General tab increase the size of the log file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users