Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dwm.exe problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RyumaruBorike

RyumaruBorike

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'm having Issues with my dwm.exe that started up a few weeks ago and keeps coming back on and off.

Randomly, dwm.exe starts using up CPU, and usually caps at 30, but my computer slows down, the Cursor flickers, things don't load until I put my mouse over them.  I find that using Ctrl Alt Del, which brings up the 'Start Task Manager/ Log Off" Screen fixes it for a bit, but then it starts up again.  I have run Regestry Scans, Virus and Malware Scans but found nothing.  It sometimes goes away for a few days, other times it is almost constant.  Sometimes it does it the second I load up.  I'm running out of ideas, any guesses?

I have a Gateway NV52 laptop

AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-64 2.10GHz Processor

64 bit operating system.

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

This may help... http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-dwmexe-and-why-is-it-running/ .

#3 RyumaruBorike

RyumaruBorike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Already did, didn't help

#4 RyumaruBorike

RyumaruBorike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Anything?

#5 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

I'm running out of ideas, any guesses?

I have a Gateway NV52 laptop

AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-64 2.10GHz Processor

64 bit operating system.

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

This lappy was released in 09, and was a "budget buy" then. I'm afraid the Future has caught up with it. I think the lappy's graphics suite can no longer handle the modern video wizbangs. Unless you are willing to not use Aero mode. You could try updating the graphics driver suite, though.

Edited by ElfBane, 03 June 2014 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users