Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best online computer repair school

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RadiationStation

RadiationStation

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hey everyone! I've recently sold a business I had for 13 years, and for a while it was relaxing to do nothing, but now, I'm just getting bored. I've always had a knack for computers, but I'm no expert. I'd like some direction on some online schools that offer computer repair courses. I'm looking for schools that are highly regarded (or as highly regarded as you can get for an online school) and also offer more advanced courses when I get to that point. 

Or, should I actually go back to college and get a degree in computer science? That just seems like overkill, especially for my needs. I already have a Masters, anyway. (Biomechanics) 

Thanks, in advance for your advice. 

Matt. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

What do you want to accomplish?

I did an NRI course back in the day, but they are no longer around.  I didn't feel that I got my money's worth, but the GI Bill reimbursed for it and that was the main reason for taking it.

I believe you can do much better for less money than any online course.

#3 Mistersprinkles

Mistersprinkles

• Banned
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Teach yourself.

Overclockers.com and anandtech.com are highly regarded, highly technical computer forums. You could start there. Got a question? Ask it. You will learn faster if you make your own curriculum based on the way you learn.

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

A degree in computer science will teach you nothing about computer repair.

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

CompTIA's A+ course does teach a basic overview of PC repair.  It doesn't teach everything of course, nothing can, but it is a qualification that is recognised. 

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users