Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 530 problem need help Video inc....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ricey83

Ricey83

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hey all.

I have two dell inspiron 530 desktop PCs. Running Win7.

I had my own and the mobo went on it so I bought one cheap, cheaper then I would have paid for a new mobo.

That 530 I got had a duel core CPU 1 gig of RAM No GFX Card. So I took out My Quad Core GPU My 4GB  of RAM 

and my GFX Card and put them into the working PC i had bought.

I done everything correct as far as I know from watching ytube videos and reading threads on various boards

but now it will not boot up, it will start as u will see if u look at the small video I made. I just get a amber light

coming of the mobo and the fans spin with a constant beeping noise but nothing shows up on the monitor.

Have a look at the video its very short u might see whats wrong and give me some advie on what the problem might

be and how I should go about getting it in working order.

http://youtu.be/_yJ5VYTIlDU

Please have a look I am so stuck I really need the help and will be really grateful for even the smallest bit of

advice... 

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

I suspect you have some incompatible components, but I couldn't make out exactly what you have regarding motherboard, CPU, and RAM.  I believe I heard 4 beeps in your video.  Those are a code, but they vary according to the BIOS you have which again, I didn't see any indication of what that is.  The video was very dark inside the covers so I was able to make out little to none of what you were trying to show unfortunately.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 Ricey83

Ricey83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

I will make a better vid with the light on so everything inside can be seen...

@

hamluis how can I do that? The PC will not boot up at all, I am using my laptop to write this and everything else as I have no PC 

#5 Fascist Nation

Fascist Nation

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

If I understand, you had a Dell Inspiron 530.  Its MB went bad, so you bought a used Inspiron 530 as a "replacement."  Since your old 530 had a better CPU and memory, etc. you transferred that over.  Presumably you made certain the new 530 worked first?

Assuming the PCs were identical with respect to their MBs, the likely problem is the new 530's BIOS was not as up to date as your old MB's BIOS and doesn't have the microcode present to support the quad core CPU (or possibly the memory you transferred over).  Assuming the new 530 was working when you received it, swap the CPU (and maybe the memory) that came with it back and boot up, reboot and update the BIOS to the last revision available following Dell's instructions. 

Then swap the CPU and RAM....I usually like to swap one part at a time in case something doesn't work so you don't have to troubleshoot back multiple components but it is up to you.  Your old Windows copy should not tell the difference with respect to validation at any time allowing transferring the boot drive; indeed a repair install to replace your MB/CPU is fully permitted under your EULA (both EULAs since the outside of both cases should have a valid product key/license). 

support

Edited by Fascist Nation, 02 June 2014 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users