Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 computers suck

computers suck

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

Sometimes when i go to a web site with pictures, i'll get some pictures just fine but others appear as a box with a red x in them. Whats up with that? Thanks for your help in advance......

Edited by jgweed, 25 May 2006 - 06:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

Read Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer and Red X image displayed where the applet should be :thumbsup:

Edited by quietman7, 25 May 2006 - 06:05 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 freemind38

freemind38

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:52 PM

I've tried all the things in both of these links. I still can't see pictures on some web pages. Any other suggestions?

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:55 PM

Post a link to the pages you're having problems with.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

There are a couple of possibilities I can think of:

1) The picture is actually hosted on a different site, and the host site has changed, but the image directions haven't: result is the little red box with an x. In fact, I've seen that on a couple pages on this website. (I can't remember which ones, sorry).

2) It's a third party image and your browser is blocking them with the resulting white box with a red x.

Posting links to the sites in question as tg1911 suggested will help determine if the problem is with the website or webpage or in some way with your computer. And our fearless code identifiers and interpreters might be able to determine the problem with the webpage if it is the culprit.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 August 2006 - 12:47 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users