Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop exclusive Network Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mobrien85

mobrien85

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

I have been failing to resolve this issue:

In Janurary, I recieved a desktop (from an ex girlfriend) with XP installed on it, and started experiencing weird issues.

I tried to do a re-install, however the install disk was either phony, or corrupted, and was basically entirely viruses and keloggers. I also noticed that it appeared, somone was provided me with a fake interface to interact with, and occasionally that interface would fail, and i could see "behind the curtain" if you will.

I acquired Windows Vista Install disk from a friend, and installed it. I created an ADMIN profile which i never used, except through my user profile Mike. Now I am experiencing the same issues again.

I have a very hard time visiting secure sites HTTPS://

For example when I attempt to reach a microsoft https://windows.microsoft.com I receive this error-

You attempted to reach windows.microsoft.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.windows.microsoft.com.

also:

on my desktop exclusive, My lan connection will intermittently cut out and I am unable to web browse via chrome or internet explorer.

When I try to Diagnose and Repair I get this message;

Network Diagnostics cannot run because the Diagnostic Policy Service is not running.

Gives option to open; when I Try to open it via services, i get this message;

Windows could not start the Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer

Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in this same process.

When i try to open the file in IE it directs me here, and i can take no actions: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Please let me know whatever you can do to help; I am completely at a loss now.

My MBAM has removed :

SearchProtect.A

Conduit.A

Optimuminstaller.A

I have defogged my drive, and ran: FSS, SecurityCheck, MiniToolBox, 

Please let me know whatever steps you would like me to take, so I can get this resolved asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,369 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Do you have the product key for this installation of Vista?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mobrien85

mobrien85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I do not. I was going to purchase one until i ran into this error.

I suppose I could acquire it if you would like.

My product id: #89578-022-5000027-71389

Edited by mobrien85, 01 June 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,369 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

This may seem like I'm splitting hairs here.  But if this is an OEM copy of Windows it can only be used on one computer.  You will need the product code to active this copy of Windows, without doing this you are technically running a pirated operating system.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mobrien85

mobrien85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well, don't I have 30 days to activate my PC, before it would be considered Pirated? I am not using a key generator or anything of that nature. I just want to get this pc fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users