Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendations For A 2TB External Portable Hard Drive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZooBooBooZoo

ZooBooBooZoo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi All.

I'm looking for a good external portable hard drive with 2TB capacity.
I actually wanted a larger one but I realized there are no portable hard drives larger than 2TB except the 4TB by Segate which I heard is not very reliable.

The most important thing for me indeed is: reliability. I want to know that my data is as close to 100% safe as possible. speed is also important but less than reliability.

I know there are good ones by Segate & Western Digital but although I'm not gonna be in any extreme environment(I'm simply gonna carry it around with my laptop) I was thinking of maybe getting a rugged one like one of Silicon Power models. What rugged model of Silicon Power or other brands would you recommend? Do you think it's an overkill to get one? I'm a musician and sometimes I use my laptop and hard drive to record/perform on the road so protecting it from beers and tall desks can be nice ;) I just wanna know that I'm not comparmising data loss/speed/other features compared to a Segate one for example.

Thx In Advance, ZBBZ.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

I've been carrying a little WD My Passport 2TB w/USB 3.0 around in my back pocket since Christmas 2012. Still works great.

#3 ZooBooBooZoo

ZooBooBooZoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Dr. :)

Anyone has any feedback about Silicon Power?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users