Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am receiving spam emails to my regular email addresses, from people on Faceboo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

I have four Facebook accounts and I am receiving spam emails to my regular email address, from people on my Facebook friend's list to the email addresses from all four of those accounts. they all contain the same spam link & this friend doesn't even know those four email addresses. he is friends with all four accounts. he knows my primary email address not associated with any of my Facebook accounts which doesn't receive the spam like the others do. these email addresses that get the spam from range from Pokémon, MLP, or Skyrim themed addresses which has names that he doesn't even know or could begin to spell. I know his email address because he associated only one email with Facebook and I sent him Amazon.com stuff before. the spam comes from that email he has that I know and he uses to log into Facebook with.

How is it that the emails associated with my Facebook accounts get into his email to be spammed when he doesn't even know them?

Edited by Alduin's Khajiit, 31 May 2014 - 02:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CandyLady

CandyLady

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

I think you will need to clarify as this is a little confusing.

Let me see if I get this straight:

You have 4 email addresses that are associated with 4 FB accts. We will call them FB1@email,com FB2@email,com, FB3@email,com, and FB4@email,com.

The spam you are receiving is from those contacts on your Facebook pages (all 4 of them).

The part that confused me was this:

I have four Facebook accounts and I am receiving spam emails to my regular email address, from people on my Facebook friend's list to the email addresses from all four of those accounts.

To which email?  I thought you were only getting them to your "private email" account (we will call Private@email,com).  Are you also getting those same spam emails to your email accounts associated with those 4 Facebook accounts?

This needs to be clarified before being able to figure out what has happened. Some Facebook email spam appears to be from Facebook but really isn't. OR could be from a hacked email account or a hacked Facebook account.

(From CandyLady's daughter "Kabo0m")

Edited by CandyLady, 01 June 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Candy Lady - DELL Inspiron 350, Win7 x64
83439813698.png
CandyLady's daughter posts on her behalf ALWAYS.

#3 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

I said "addresses" the four associated with the Facebook accounts get the spam. my private doesn't.

#4 CandyLady

CandyLady

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

I have four Facebook accounts and I am receiving spam emails to my regular email address, from people on my Facebook friend's list...

How is it that the emails associated with my Facebook accounts get into his email to be spammed when he doesn't even know them?

I said "addresses" the four associated with the Facebook accounts get the spam. my private doesn't.

Oh okay I misunderstood that. So you get spam from this one particular contact who only has your private email address and you are wonder how he is able to spam your FB associated email addresses. He is on your contacts of all your Facebook accounts. It sounds like the spam is through Facebook and not directly through his personal email. Are the emails showing they are from him personally? Never reply to those emails but I am wondering if it is spoofed and sent to you through another address. https://www.facebook.com/help/phishing

Edited by CandyLady, 01 June 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Candy Lady - DELL Inspiron 350, Win7 x64
83439813698.png
CandyLady's daughter posts on her behalf ALWAYS.

#5 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

it has his email address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users