Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boilermaker27

boilermaker27

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

I have an Asus all in one computer and when I try to use my CD I get the message that a driver is corrupted or missing.  I also have a Sumsung external DVD and it also get's the same message.  I have also found that my Windows Update does not work and I have tried all the fixes available for the update program.

Two days ago Windows would not start.  I tried the Windows startup fix program but nothing, after spending hours pressing the F2, F8, and F9 keys at startup I finally got into safe mode and saved a lot of my data to an external drive.  I messed around in the Bios with F2 and finally hit the "set to defaults" and then Windows worked. 

When I purchased this computer I made the recommended repair discs and other discs on DVD, but of course cannot use them with the driver problem.  I do use Bit Defender and I also ran Malware Bytes and a few other programs and there seems to be no problem with virus or other malicious events.  I've tried every tool I can find on this computer to try and get the Update working and also went into Device Manager and tried to find a new driver, but no luck.  I don't want to do a system recovery unless it is a last resort because I think both problem can be fixed, but I am running out of fixes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'd go to Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for these devices, then reboot.  Windows will rediscover them and install the correct drivers.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 boilermaker27

boilermaker27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

OK, I just went to Device Manager to try and update the drivers now that I got Windows working and the alerts were both gone from both devices and now both work.  I am yet unsure of the the Windows Update and will try that now and get back.

#4 boilermaker27

boilermaker27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Windows update still not working, tried the update fixer and other means but nothing works.  Checked my update settings and they are fine.  As for the drivers, I uninstalled a number of times and each time it came back saying they were fine and up to date, but they didn't work, also in device manager they had the yellow exclamation point.  Went back a while ago and the yellow was gone and the CD drives worked, didn't do a thing.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Please post a picture of the Device Manager.

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users