Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't reset Sony Vaio E Series laptop to factory restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spirit815

spirit815

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

Hello, I have a problem with my laptop Sony VAIO E Series - SVE151G11L. Everything works fine, but when I try to restore it to factory settings, I get a BSOD.

The laptop is running Windows 8 and when I shut it down and press the Assist button it boots in "Vaio Care - Rescue Mode", then I choose "Recover and maintain

your system" to restore it to factory settings, but I get a BSOD error saying:

Your PC needs to be repaired
Error code: 0xc000000f

The laptop didn't came with installation media or recovery tools. Please, if someone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

Welcome,

Have you contacted Sony about the problem and the possibility of getting the installation disks?

Their tech support may be able to walk you past the current problem so you can use your system again

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Nazmul Hassan

Nazmul Hassan

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Try to restore your laptop with DVD media.. Please create recovery disk first ( 3 Blank DVD required ) Then boot from DVD. Maybe it will work for you.

Thanks

Nazmul Hassan

NucSystem

www.nucsystem.com

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hello, I have a problem with my laptop Sony VAIO E Series - SVE151G11L. Everything works fine, but when I try to restore it to factory settings, I get a BSOD.

The laptop is running Windows 8 and when I shut it down and press the Assist button it boots in "Vaio Care - Rescue Mode", then I choose "Recover and maintain

your system" to restore it to factory settings, but I get a BSOD error saying:

Your PC needs to be repaired
Error code: 0xc000000f

The laptop didn't came with installation media or recovery tools. Please, if someone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Look in your user guide.  There should be instructions for creating the DVDs needed for this purpose.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 Nazmul Hassan

Nazmul Hassan

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Here is the link for creating Recovery Media... please follow this link

Thanks

Nazmul Hassan

NucSystem

www.nucsystem.com

#6 spirit815

spirit815
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Try to restore your laptop with DVD media.. Please create recovery disk first ( 3 Blank DVD required ) Then boot from DVD. Maybe it will work for you.

Thanks

Nazmul Hassan

NucSystem

www.nucsystem.com

I've tried both with Windows 8 option to create recovery drive and also with VAIO Care Create Recovery Media option, but none work.
The Windows 8 Create a recovery drive option shows this error:

We can't create a recovery drive on this PC
Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your Windows installation disc or media.

The VAIO Care Create Recovery Media dialog shows this error:

Create Recovery Media is installed.
The Create Recovery Media feature requires a recovery partition to function. However, the recovery partition is not present on your system.

To use this feature, reinstall the factory image and include the recovery partition.

I know that there is a recovery partition present in the system. Disk Managment shows four partitions beside the C partition:

OEM Partition - 260 MB

Recovery Partition - 1.44 GB

EFI System Partition - 260 MB

Recovery Partition - 36.32 GB

If you have any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it please tell me how, because everything I tried so far doesn't work. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users