Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Vinyl records now XP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Boy i gotta say at sixty i have seen some stuff come and go.

With xp knocked off, I am told I am at great risks of all kinds of demons eating my computer, how ever, using MS security Esentails (wheres the dang spell check for this posting program?) my computer was wrecked 3 times.

Had to clear my hard drive of everthing, then i got advast and spybot and have never had a brake in since.

Jet clean has made my xp as fast as my friends mac, except I really use my computer to inhance my life.

while he talks about mac, i watch over 1200 music vedios so close to my heart that while others feel pushed out of this culture i am at home with my "nights in white satin"  and "say hello by april wine".

I also as a result of a job I had to take or fall, have thousands of art pictures that make me feel so good to see, warm, reasured and "at home in my world" while others worry about the next iphone.

Mostly i want to say, i want all things to get better, but change every 6 monthes for changes sake is not good for humans, if anything, we need more stability in our lives, we need to know us and other folks are coming at us with less not more on there minds, so they can deal with us in the best way and we can deal with them in the best way.

rich and free to practice the golden rule

Do unto others as you would wish to be done by, theres a cool change, you wake up and know most folks are not so diverted by endless nonsense they can give the best to you as you them, cause your life which includes this computer is trust worthy and you wag its tail instead of it's tali wagging you and your friends with endless lost time trying to simply do what your toaster does ever day, push a button and you get your food, art, info, love letters, ---and then free time to defrag a world in your mind gone looney.

I have a PROVIEW old electron gun TV tube screen on my art restoration computer, their is not a flat screen in the world that can match its color and 3-d screen depth, folks look at it and say WOW.

I have written all this because tho i am not as smart as most here, But i know warm toast when i eat it.

I wonder, except for the many tech's who come here and need all this tech data, what got lost when we only had 4-7 channels.

As you read this you may wonder what my rant is, trully i am not sure, but some where "Less is more"  comes to mind

I would love everyones thoughts on this bag of worms i have opened.

I also want to say, part of the reason i ask this question is that my heart came when i was born with only so many heart beats, time is the only thing i have that is valuble.

I don't want to waste any getting this bleeping computer to run

plus i have met some real souls here, which has been cooler then fixing the bleeping computer-thank you

jimbotoo

Mod Edit:  Removed graphic - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2014 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Jet clean

Registry cleaners  can do more harm than good.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Read >>>>  Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Yes, way back in the original channel line up, there was a channel #1.   Everything has gotten faster, smaller, uses less energy and generally cheaper.  If the older hardware is still functional (I still have and IBM AT running a home security system) there's no reason to get rid of it.  Old hard drives  that still work are used for testing, along with various video cards with different memory (leftover from upgrades) can help get past some memory faults.  Even diskette drives have disappeared.

#4 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Jet clean

Registry cleaners  can do more harm than good.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Read >>>>  Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Nick

thank you for yours.

As a member of this site i am all ears and little wisdom.

Nor do i wish to advocate anything that would harm another member, even asked a mod to watch my post so that did not happen.

on the other hand i was told jet clean did back up all data it flushed, and my computer is now as fast as my friends mac.

I go to goddzillon s of art sights, after down loading public domain art for a hour even my mouse would slow to get stuck.

I am going off the net soon, will only be using my computer for art, music and playing old movies, youtube is the only thing i will miss, as i once got stuct living very very richly but off grid, no news that did not effect me, no commericials no wars, no virus's

AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THAT HAPPY SINCE, FOUND A PERSON IN ME I DID NOT KNOW EXISTED and dearly miss and adored.

Maybe minds better then mine might want to check if jet clean is not doing just what the problem associated with such devices most often is, there are back up tools on it.

I have also made back ups of all mircrosoft fix tools for xp on a flash.

I read why you should not use not use Registry Cleaners and found it a help.

thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#5 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hello

mjd420nova

I have something that was not out dated but crushed because it would hurt cd sales.

it was called a Mini Disc, it held 3 times the data of a music CD, you could record and erase a godzillion times on it.

this was on something that could have changed the world-a 1 bit sharp music player, that had a digital amp with zero head room,

no distoration from 0 to 10 volume because it was a pure digital amp, it did one other thing, it broke down the bit number of a cd and raised it to 2miilion 8 hundred thousand bits per second  which/and got rid of all that nasty colorless treble and went down to 5 Hrts of bass.

in short sounded smooth and hypnotic like a record, was deemed Audiophile over night. the mini disc was in a small case that could never let it get scratched.

In short the long lasting light bulb and it sounded way better on the sharp one bit digital amp, and could never be scratched

it hurt sales baby, so it had to go

s-SONY-MINIDISC-WALKMAN-DISCONTINUED-lar

Edited by jimbotoo, 02 June 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

Mini discs were pretty handy and almost indestructable.  An optical take on the 2.44 MB diskettes IBM offered in the PS2 units. Both Apple and IBM found out you don't put delicate digital equipment inside the same case with a high voltage flyback transformer.  Thus the push to digitalize the display devices.  I still see the blank disks on the shelves here and there.  I am an analog audiophile, digital amps are okay but not the content.  So many decoder schemes, compression programs and sample rates remove too much content that a digital file may be small but can not be considered a COPY.  In harsh environs, most of these will repeatedly skip, stall and restart so a portable media device was not considered.  I guess for most users, headphones, earbuds, ETC are an equivilent but are sadly lacking for true reproduction.

#7 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

mjd420nova

Big subject brother, digital vs analog

I think we lost a world of healing and beauty to digital, the president of audio quest told me something interesting

"the engineers never know how a ddd recording will turn out" but even worse,

for a short time Sharp of all companys (?) took those 551,000 bits per second and torn them into 2 million plus 800,000 smeared bits per second, with zero head room, turning a audiable "chain of links of music" into a smooth ribbon as velvet as any record, and sharp so impressed jeff rowland he built his own. with the highest energy star rating ever given, 50 watts per channel at only 114 watts out of the wall, sharp 1 bit was not a true digital amp it was a to d then d to a amp, with mid range and bass that inspired tears-digital weakest points. with a burr/brown conversion

1 bit was small, my 25/25 per channel only weights 20 pounds total as a pre amp and power amp seperate,

but a mid fi name, small box, low voltage comsumption, made folks looking for a HUMVE never give it a chance, one reviewer at Ap sound said it had the lowest listening fatique he had ever heard,

i did not even know what listening fatique was till i never heard it anymore, and my dyna audio's never sounded better or more hypnotic, while having  bloom gallore, 

krell be damed in comparison, which i could only sell off when i stopped letting folks hear the sharp first as it is sweet sweet sweet with a boom

if you ever see one of the $ 2 grand and up models for sale-grab it

Other wise i agree with you all the way.

with a tear in my eye.

jimbotoo

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#8 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

while the analog-vs-digital debate rages on Neal young has always said the CD ruined his career as many artist have, including the grateful dead, there is some soul issue missing.

Neal Young has always said real sound systems "heal the soul" in pursuit of that, Sony and and almost all major labels have turned to a new format that can boggle the mind, hypnotize and entrance, called  "PONO" which is Hawaiian for "righteous"

you may note at this link many folks saying the echo is back, the digital wall is down, it had life back in it.

the world has to live with digital, heal with it, find a home in it.

lets hope a man who is famous for never being a sell out

Has  found an answer

http://www.ponomusic.com/#home

:bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 July 2014 - 10:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users