Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Repair Windows 7 Corrupt Registry Files?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mediamayven

mediamayven

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hello, hi.

I've been unable to install any new programs, applications using Windows 7, 64 bit as a result of corrupt registry files. I scanned  my computer using the SFC /SCANNOW Command, the results of which determined there remained corrupt files that couldn''t be repaired.

As I have Bitdefender which doesn't allow you to restore your computer unless you uninstall/reinstall their programs I delayed doing so in attempting to restore the capability in installing programs. I decided to finally attempt to restore my computer by using Bitdefender uninstall/re-install programs. but when uninstaling it and attempted to restore the computer to an earlier date, it was too late. While I always keep a long history of restore date for just such situations, my computer, probably in some space saving procedure left me with restore capabilties of only about 2-3 days.

Also, I shut down several programs in a misguded efffort to prevent my computer from operating as slowly as it was that might have contributed to my instlllation probelms

How can repair my computer corrupt registry files, so that I am able to install programs, applications?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Did you make your recovery discs? If not make them and use those to repair your system files.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Worth a read, IMO:  Windows 7 Repair, dc3 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510556/windows-7-error/?p=3179988 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users