Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Desktop F4180 Printer Just Stopped!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Both cartridges are full, paper tray is full, disconnected both cables and reinstalled them, restarted PC two times, downloaded HP troubleshooting site which said my printer was operating correctly, printed two test pages which were perfect.  It goes through all the motions but yet I get a blank sheet of paper.

This is 1st time I have ever had a problem with this printer.

Is there something else I should try?

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2014 - 06:00 PM.
Moved to 'Esternal hardware' - CC.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

I had one of those, it came in my last retail PC purchase as part of a bundle kit. It lasted 6 months before it went crazy on me. The printer cartridge tray would go back and forth non stop. I had to uplug mine to get it to stop.

I just chunked that F4180 and pulled out my HP 5610v AIO and used that. It's 13 years old and still kicking...just uses the color ink like crazy.

Try this.....then just read through the thread.

Unplug the power cord from the unit.
Reconnect the power cord into the unit.
When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the Power and Cancel buttons.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the buttons.
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is complete

reference link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Reset-printer-HP-Deskjet-F4180/td-p/3047691

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#3 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

I had one of those, it came in my last retail PC purchase as part of a bundle kit. It lasted 6 months before it went crazy on me. The printer cartridge tray would go back and forth non stop. I had to uplug mine to get it to stop.

I just chunked that F4180 and pulled out my HP 5610v AIO and used that. It's 13 years old and still kicking...just uses the color ink like crazy.

Try this.....then just read through the thread.

Unplug the power cord from the unit.
Reconnect the power cord into the unit.
When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the Power and Cancel buttons.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the buttons.
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is complete

reference link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Reset-printer-HP-Deskjet-F4180/td-p/3047691

I did as you suggested but when I reconnected power cord lights did not flash...Plain light, Start Copy light and Power light came on but did not flash. I went ahead anyway hoping we had found the solution but again I got a blank sheet of paper.  Any other suggestions?

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users