Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two active mice on two monitors?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jakse

jakse

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hey there!

I've got kind of a silly problem. I've two monitors and two mice and I want to be able to use both when I have a program running full screen on one of the screens, ie. a game not running in window mode. I've already got a program to run the second mouse, however, the other screen is not active as long as the game is running - so, is there a way to be able to activily use the each mouse on the individual screens without having to tab out of the game?

Thanks in advance.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

I's possible, believe it or not!

http://superuser.com/questions/29432/using-windows-7-how-can-you-use-multiple-mice-to-get-multiple-cursors

#3 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

A side not e to add to this, you might want to run the game in windowed mode and size it for your monitor. OR you could set up your monitors into a presentation mode setup and allow the game on your primary with the desktop icons on the secondary etc. The last option depends on the quality and abilities of your graphics card (just because you CAN plug in two monitors does not mean the card can handle the processes of both the game and the OS displays).

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#4 jakse

jakse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:23 AM

This is where I found the program to use the two mice, however, I can't find a solution to the problem about the monitor not running the game is inactive for other than mouse movement, clicking on this screen is still disabled.

A side not e to add to this, you might want to run the game in windowed mode and size it for your monitor. OR you could set up your monitors into a presentation mode setup and allow the game on your primary with the desktop icons on the secondary etc. The last option depends on the quality and abilities of your graphics card (just because you CAN plug in two monitors does not mean the card can handle the processes of both the game and the OS displays).

I do that with some games. However, if the game uses the mouse to move the camera, it's not really possible to do, as the mouse just moves to the other screen.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

What is the game?

I know that World of WarCraft doesn't allow you use additional monitors if it is set to full screen, but if you set to windowed full screen everything works.

#6 jakse

jakse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

What is the game?

I know that World of WarCraft doesn't allow you use additional monitors if it is set to full screen, but if you set to windowed full screen everything works.

Its's actually Warcraft III - so if I run it in window mode, I can't move the camrea around with the mouse without it going to the other screen.

#7 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I haven't played WarCraft III in ages.  I'd have to reinstall it to see if there is a work around, such as using the keyboard to control the camera.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users