Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

modem 3g connection, no data transmission PLS HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WarriorLite

WarriorLite

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

I have a strange problem on a desktop computer. for several days and despite resets, no Internet transmission, although the application indicates established connection, and according to the modem the signal is strong. even stranger, after establishing connection, a dozen or so bytes is transmitted, according to the providers application.

the problem manifests itself in that neither the e-mail program nor web browser get any data.

apart from the regular paid modem tarriff, i have a free of charge internet in a different modem. this one uses hyperlink - a system which does the connecting automatically. what matters here is that two different modems two different providers and both worked flawlessly, while now they don't. I have tried turning off firewall and 360 internet security antivirus program, but it has not helped.

on the second computer everything is okay both modems connect properly.

both computers are on widows 7. I changed nothing in the settings of Windows, or in individual programs.. 

what are the first steps that lead to removing this problem?

for the time, how could the faulty computer use the internet of the good one?

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2014 - 08:55 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hi,

What are the specs on yur NIC card in that computer?

Have you gone into device manager and verified that it is working?

Are the drivers the most current?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 WarriorLite

WarriorLite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hello 

Thank you very much for your answer. The term NIC was new to me, but I have checked and found

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-check-network-interface-card-nic-status-usi.html

So in device manager there are no exclaimation marks - if that answers your question. No conflict of irq, the device is working properly. 

I do not understand the question concerning the specs of the NIC card, though. Network Interface card - I can not identify it in my hardware list. is it the modem?

edit

I have checked the status of the connection and found something which perhaps could be the perpetrator: ipv6 no network access.

ipv4 says: internet.

Edited by WarriorLite, 30 May 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#4 WarriorLite

WarriorLite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

I have finally found out the perpetrator. Strangely, it was TinyWall, which somehow lost its list of exceptions. 

For some reason, when I closed the application, the firewalll would not stop, or it was my error. 

Now, as I added the exceptions once again, everything is fine. 

Thank you. BTW, would any of the NIC parameters indicated the source of the problem? How can such a problem be identified that it is one of the programs that prevents connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users