Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popup Virus on Netgear Router

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 cantfeysme

cantfeysme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hi - thank you in advance to all who take a look and help me out with this issue.

Over the past 2 weeks I've had unusual popups invading all devices on my network (including iPhones, iPods, Laptops, Desktops, etc.). These popups occur only within an internet browser. (See the attached photos)

Because the popups occur on all devices on my network, I'm wondering if there is something going on with my router. Could it have been infected with a virus of some sort? Or, is it possible that I have a port open on my server?

I also have run MalwareBytes, CCleaner, etc. on my machines but with no luck.

Thanks!

-cantfeysme

Attached File  1.JPG   47.72KB   1 downloads

Attached File  2.JPG   28.02KB   1 downloads

Attached File  3.JPG   49.79KB   1 downloads

Attached File  4.JPG   46.68KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cantfeysme

cantfeysme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

I believe that I've solved the issue!!!

I forgot that I had set up a dynamic dns service on my server (through noip.com). Unknown destructive traffic was coming though the port that was opened by the dns software. I disabled the software, thus closing the port to through traffic, and the popups stopped!

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,197 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users