Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SlowMO

SlowMO

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hey all,

I've been having a problem with Google Chrome for the past month or two. I haven't gotten around to really dealing with it because I've been busy with graduation and all, but I come to you now asking help.

So, the problem. When I start my laptop up, everything runs fine. However, after closing Google Chrome, the next time I try to open it up again, it never loads. After some looking around, I noticed in the Processes bar of my Task Manager there are multiple applications running after the browser has been closed.  http://i.imgur.com/8XK83jG.jpg

The first fix I found for the problem was to go into Google Chrome's advanced settings and deselect the option highlighted below. However, even after making sure the box was not checked, I would go make sure it stuck, go about my work and shutdown my computer. The next time I start up my laptop, the same thing happens and when I went back into the settings to check it out, the box was checked again. http://i.imgur.com/Uf9KmKT.jpg

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome and even created a new chrome identity and that did not work either. I'm just not sure what to do and it's incredibly annoying when my browser will not open and I have to open my processes and manually end them all before my browser will open again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I'm running Chrome on a bunch of computers with everything from Vista to Windows 8.1, and haven't seen this problem.  I have to ask what your configuration is and what OS you have since you neglected to mention it.  I suspect that you have some form of malware, so I'd suggest you install MalwareBytes, get it up to date, then boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan with both it and your antivirus program.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 SlowMO

SlowMO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'm running Chrome on a bunch of computers with everything from Vista to Windows 8.1, and haven't seen this problem.  I have to ask what your configuration is and what OS you have since you neglected to mention it.  I suspect that you have some form of malware, so I'd suggest you install MalwareBytes, get it up to date, then boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan with both it and your antivirus program.

Good luck.

Sorry, Windows 7, and I have actually already done the boot in safe mode running malwarebytes.

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Maybe this Google Chrome article will be helpful.  Also try this...instead of X'ing out of Chrome, open the Menu and Select Exit.  That should stop any background pages from running.

Background pages and background apps

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users