Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reciving other peoples email ??? (in my gmail)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GreekEnigma

GreekEnigma

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

ok let me try explain
im not great with pcs at all, i have only one email address (gmail)
i dont have a smartphone so only access internet on a laptop

anyway lately ive been getting emails in my gmail that are NOT even addressed to me?????
also it says my account banned in the email? banned fromwhat?

also also i amlocated in the U.K

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 May 2014 - 12:36 PM.
removed images with email addresses in them

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

GreekEnigma, I have removed the images from your post. Each of them contained email addresses. While they may not have been your email address, the do belong to someone else. It's not wise to post email addresses in a public place on the internet. Doing so can lead to more spam being received from those who troll the internet looking for addresses to send their junk to.

Now, to answer your question.

The most likey explanation is that a spammer has sent out mass spam to a lot of addresses which are similar to yours. They use BCC for all but one of the email addresses. BCC hides the other receipient addresses. If your address is in the BCC list you will get the mail.

The banned account email seems to also be spam. If you have never had an account set up with whatever site it says you were banned from then yes it is spam.

Any attachments in the mails could contain something that will infect your system or it could be phishing for personal information.

Simply delete the mails when you get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users