Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting slow loading ads in IE, causes page to hang

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Brastow

Tim Brastow

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

For the past week or so, whenever I visit certain pages in IE (IE11), I get an ad that takes up the whole screen. I can't close the ad until a good 5-10 seconds later. Either I can let the ad load up and then close it, or click anywhere in the page and I will get an "Internet Explorer has stopped running due to a long-running script." I can click "Stop Script", which immediately loads up the ad and then I can close it.

I tried wiping out my internet history, cache, and cookies, to make sure nothing bad was in there, I did a full MBAM scan, and I even re-installed Adobe Flash.

Here is what the "ad" looks like while it is loading up. I can't close out of it during this process.

I also only get this on my laptop and not my desktop, both of which are running Windows 7 64-bit.

http://i.imgur.com/xkODDR2.png

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

What certain pages are you visiting when the ad comes? Make sure your Java and Adobe Shockwave is updated as well.

Lets isolate the issue

Where does the ad show in the following situations? Visit the same page

On your laptop in IE

On your laptop in Mozilla Firefox/Chrome or Safari

On your desktop in IE

On your desktop in Mozilla Firefox/Chrome or Safari

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

IE is buggy.  Most folks I know use Firefox and/or Chrome.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Tim, you might consider installing AdBlockPlus.  It works like a charm for me in Chrome and it may solve your problem in IE 11.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#5 Gotcha_Hotshot22

Gotcha_Hotshot22

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

I would like to second that recommendation! AdBlockPlus works like a charm!

Thanks,

Daniel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users