Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi I am new to this site. I have the search safer bug.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tickbit

Tickbit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hi everybody! I have the search safer bug. I think I got it when I downloaded Google Chrome or outfox TV's add ons. Anyway please help me.  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 melen001

melen001

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

I need more info. What OS are you using. Wins XP, Wins 7-32, Wins 7-64, Wins 8, etc... what antivirus are you using... where you downloading software and from what site... did you scan with any removal or diagnostic tool and what where the results... what symptoms does your computer have... the more info the better

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hello -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -

Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Next -

Follow only the main topic listed in these links, and avoid any advertising .....

1. Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or Programs and Features if using Vista/Windows 7/8. From within Add/Remove Programs look for anything in the above and select Remove.

2. Open your browser and disable (uncheck) all extensions. Make a list, then one by one, re-enable each extension to see if the pop-ups start appearing again with that particular extension. Once you identify the responsible extension...permanently remove it but let me know which one it was so we can update our list.

* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome <- try only if the above does not work
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer

3. If the above did not resolve the problem, then create a new browser user profile.

* How to Create a new browser user profile in Google Chrome
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Firefox
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome

Next -

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.

A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.

Please copy and paste the log back here.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

NOW :

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button. (
only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Click on the Clean button. (
only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -

If you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Version 2.0 installed, just Update it and run a scan, or see below

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version 1.75.0.1300 has now been upgraded to Version 2.0.

Please follow Free version removal methods. (link is to Malwarebytes site) if required -

* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
----------
** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com
----------
** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
* Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

- - Also include a report on your computers problems - -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users