Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not connecting to wifi automatically?....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Star_Slight

Star_Slight

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hello.

I have a network powerline system (homeplugs)...  And for some reason the 2nd powerline adapter (which is wireless) doesn't automatically connect to my phone. When i'm downstairs my phone connects to my sky router instantly and then as i soon as i go upstairs and into my room the connection goes and i have to turn wi fi on and off on my phone to get it connected.

I'm using the TP-Link TL-WPA271 Powerline kit

Any ideas?

Edited by AstronautAbort, 29 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Star_Slight

Star_Slight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

*BUMP*

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Not sure if this would help but, if the connection goes weak or off spontaneously from the main router going to the poweline adapter upstairs with wireless capability, then check if the phone has wireless scanning features then try toggling it off if available.

Tekken

#4 Star_Slight

Star_Slight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Not sure if this would help but, if the connection goes weak or off spontaneously from the main router going to the poweline adapter upstairs with wireless capability, then check if the phone has wireless scanning features then try toggling it off if available.

That's done the trick, cheers!

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Great! Thanks for the feedback AstronautAbort :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users