Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

savenshhare! Adware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Qwertechno

Qwertechno

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

-FIXED: My router was infected, to fix, return router to default settings, disable remote admin control, change password to router, and BAM!-

Hello, I am having a problem with adware that is installed on my pc that I can't uninstall.I have tried multiple programs to remove it such as Malware Antibytes, Hitman Pro,AdwRemover, Junkware Remover Tool, CCleaner, and Rogue Killer. I'm running windows 8.1.

I have Ad-block installed so the ads don't show up in Firefox but, they show up in Steam and in Private Browsing.

This is what the ads look like.

lBRQcxI.png

And this is what the program is listed as in the unistaller it will not allow me to unistall it.

DUkD4sk.png

Please help me.

Edited by Qwertechno, 28 May 2014 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

Will it allow you to remove it in safe mode? See if the Adware is an extension in Firefox. Download Rkill and run it. Don't reboot. Then run Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.

#3 Qwertechno

Qwertechno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

I tried removing it in safe mode, no dice, there is no extension in firefox or google chrome.ran Rkill correctly and then ran and then ran again: Malware Bytes, Adwcleaner, and hitman. nothing.

Edited by Qwertechno, 28 May 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Is there a Savenshare add-on in IE?  Another thought. Try Revo Uninstaller or if you have CCleaner, see if it will uninstall the program. It's in the Tools section. Revo Uninstaller Pro has a free Trial Period. It is supposed to have better removal capabilities.

If those do not work you should post in the Virus Removal Section. They do a good job of removing malware and PUP's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users